I’ve added a couple new book reviews to my readings page, including Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell and Planting Missional Churches by Ed Stetzer. If there are any books you’d recommend I’d read and review, please comment below. I plan to add upcoming reviews of the following books (as well as some others) that are currently on my reading list, but would be glad to work on others too:
Currently in process:
- Richardson, Rick. Reimagining Evangelism: Inviting Friends on a Spiritual Journey (Downers Grove, IL: IVP, 2006)
- Miller, Donald. Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2003).
- Van Gelder, Craig. The Essence of Church: A Community Created by the Spirit (Grand Rapids: Baker, 2000).
From my DMN courses this fall:
- Sheldrake, Philip. A Brief History of Spirituality (Oxford: Blackwell Publishing, 2007)
- Vincent, Donavan. Christianity Rediscovered (Maryknoll, NY: Orbis, 2003)
- Glasser, Arthur F. Announcing the Kingdom: The Story of God’s Mission in the Bible (Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2003)
- McQuilkin, Robertson. A Promise Kept: The Story of Unforgettable Love (Wheaton: Tyndale House Publishers, 1998)
Related to my NBL reflections (Naked/Broken Leader):
- Parker, Russ. Free to Fail (London: Triangle, 1992)
- Sanders, J.Oswald. Paul the Leader (Colorado Springs: NavPress, 1984)
- Crabb, Larry. The Silence of Adam: Becoming Men of Courage in a World of Chaos (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1995.
Books I’ve already read that have changed me… and I hope to soon sum up:
- Barth, Karl. Evangelical Theology: An Introduction (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1963)
- Palmer, Parker J. To Know as We are Known: Education as a Spiritual Journey (HarperSanFrancisco, 1983)
- Peterson, Eugene. Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places (Grand Rapids, Eerdmans, 2005).
- Peterson, Eugene. Five Smooth Stones for Pastoral Work (Grand Rapids, Eerdmans, 1980).