Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name. And don’t forget to do good and to share with those in need. These are the sacrifices that please God. Hebrews 13:15-16
Define Frugality for me…
Frugality is the practice of
1. acquiring goods and services in a restrained manner, and
2. resourcefully using already owned economic goods and services, to
3. achieve a longer term goal. (Wikipedia)
Characteristics of Frugality:
• Frugality rejects the popular assumption that humans are insatiable creatures, ceaselessly acquisitive for economic gains and goods and egoistically committed to pleasure maximization.
• Frugality resists the temptations of consumer promotionalism – particularly the ubiquitous advertising that pressures us through sophisticated techniques to want more, bigger, better, faster, newer, more attractive, or “state of the art.”
• Frugality struggles against the various psychological and sociological dynamics, beyond promotionalism, that stimulates overconsumption.
Lord Jesus, I am so grateful for Your servant heart, and Your willingness to sacrifice so much for me!
Holy Spirit, teach me to be like You; to willingly sacrifice the pursuit of things in favor of building relationship with God and others.
God Almighty, may I refuse a tendency toward gluttony. Instead, may I honor You with every part of my life.